The Tuscarora R/C Flying Club
The Tuscarora R/C Club was formed with the vision of having a club where a person could bring their family and friends together for a day of fun or flying, learn to fly model RC aircraft, or just enjoy watching others fly their planes. We are a proud 45 year member of the AMA
Tuscarora R/C Flying Club Bylaws
ARTICLE I: Name and Purpose
1. The Club shall be known as the TUSCARORA RADIO CONTROL FLYING CLUB located at a leased field in the Tuscarora State Park.
2. The purpose of the club is to further the development, building and operation of static and flying model aircraft as a hobby and a sport.
ARTICLE II: Office and Terms
1. The location or principal address of the club for mailing purposes shall be determined by the BOARD of DIRECTORS. If no board of directors exists, the club Officers shall have sole authority.
2. The term of existence shall be in eternity.
ARTICLE III: Membership
1. Membership in this club shall be open to all upon application, payment of dues and initiation fee, who show a genuine interest in model aircraft, who are of good moral character, and who are MEMBERS in good standing of THE ACADEMY OF MODEL AERONAUTICS (AMA).
A) After an individual uses the club field (6) six times for the purposes of flying they shall be asked to join the club.
B) Any visitor under the guest introduction/pilot program will be exempt from the requirement of club membership for a period of 90 days provided the visitor is accompanied with an established club member.
2. Types of Membership:
A) General Membership is entitled to all rights and privileges of the club without limitation. Members must be 18 year of age or older
B) A Junior Member would be a member under the age of 18 that would be entitled to all rights and privileges of the club except in voting. The youth membership dues are established at $1.00 annually until the member turns 18 at which time the junior member will be asked to join the club at the beginning of the following calendar year as a full due paying member.
C) Each prospective member must submit the proper club application, completed in its entirety.
D) The secretary shall furnish every new member with a copy of the clubs bylaws, field rules and regulations as well as a key to the frequency box.
E) All club members shall sign an application as to having read and understood Club by-laws, field rules, and regulations and AMA
3. Requirements of All Members:
A) Each member shall be responsible for conduct and policing of any area where the member flies.
B) Any member seeing club property being misused shall do their utmost to halt such action.
C) Each member, upon request, should render any advice or assistance needed to any modeler.
D) To the best of their ability, every member is expected to support all activities of the club.
E) ALL members must abide by the Club rules and are subject to discipline recommended by the Officers and a majority vote of the
club members present.
A) Consistent noncompliance with AMA and club rules and regulations and/or Tuscarora State Park rules and regulations.
B) Deliberate abuse or theft of club property or flying site property
C) Deliberate abuse or theft of club property member’s property including frequency interference.
D) Nonpayment of club or AMA dues
E) Any action that could cause liability or loss of privileges of the club or its members.
5. Infraction-Complaint Procedures:
A) Formal written complaint must be lodged with the club officers.
B) The Club Officers will meet with all parties involved to hear the complaint
and response to the complaint.
C) The officers will deliberate a decision in a Closed Session
D) Club Officers will deliver a decision in writing to the parties involved within seven days of the meeting by the club officers. All members shall be advised of the decision at the next regularly
ARTICLE IV: Dues
1. The amount of dues or penalty for late payment of dues, shall be recommended by the Club Officers and affirmed by the majority of membership present and voting at any regular meeting, and will be recorded in meeting minutes.
2. Dues shall be due no later than April 1st to avoid penalty.
3. Any member more than thirty days delinquent in paying their dues shall be removed from membership. A member removed for non-payment of dues can be reinstated only with full payment of current dues and any initiation fee that might be in effect at that time.
4. All dues collected shall be entered into the books of the Club for general use and are NOT REFUNDABLE unless the member is REMOVED by the MEMBERSHIP in which case the unused prorated amount shall be refunded.
ARTICLE V: Offices
1. The elected club officers shall be:
B) Vice President
C) Secretary / Treasurer
2. Should the responsibility of the Secretary / Treasurer become too much for
one person the office may be split into two office by proper election.
ARTICLE VI: Officers
1. Officers for the following calendar year shall be nominated in November and voted (with paper ballot if necessary) by a majority of the general members at the December meeting following the nominations.
a) A committee of (3) three regular members shall be appointed by the present Officers to serve as the Ballot Committee to count the votes for the election of club Officers.
2. The business affairs of the club shall be managed by the Club Officers, minimum of (3) three in number, who shall be general members of the club
3. A majority of the Club Officers shall be necessary to constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
4. The Officers may declare vacant the office of a fellow Officer if the officer is declared of unsound mind by an order of the court or is convicted of felony.
ARTICLE VII: Officer Duties
The President shall be the executive officer of the club and shall preside at all meetings. The President shall be the spokesperson for the club. The President shall appoint a standing and special committees and chairman as required. The President is an ex-officio member of all committees. In the case of a tie vote, The President shall cast the deciding vote.
The Vice-President shall assist the President in all matters and shall assume the duties of the President if for any reason, the President is not able to perform thrir duties. Vice-President shall be responsible for all social events of the club.
The Secretary shall keep accurate minutes of the club's proceedings. The secretary shall record meeting attendance and shall keep up-to-date records of all members.
The Treasurer shall have charge of all the funds of the club and shall keep accurate record of all monies received and dispersed. The treasurer shall present to the membership an annual report at the first meeting of each year. The Treasurer shall maintain records in such a manner so they may be opened for inspection at any time. The Treasured shall make a report of the financial condition of the club at all meetings.
ARTICLE VIII: Petty Cash Fund and Expenditures
1. Petty Cash Fund:
a.) There is hereby established a petty cash fund under the control and discretion of the Club President. The fund shall consist of a sum less than one hundred dollars $100.00 (i.e. $99.00) and be utilized for routine field maintenance and day to day necessary expenditures of the club. The President shall provide a monthly report of any expenditure from the petty cash fund to the club members present at the next regular club meeting.
b.) Any expenditure of one hundred dollars ($100.00) or more shall require approval of the club members present at a regular monthly meeting prior to the expenditure. Approval shall be obtained by making a motion at a regular meeting to permit the expenditure and by a majority of the club members present at the meeting voting in favor of the motion.
ARTICLE IX: Vacancies
If the Office of an Officer becomes vacant for any reason, their successor will be nominated and voted by paper ballot at the next scheduled meeting.
1. Cards indicating membership and payment of dues shall be in the form and style as determined by the club Officers.
2. Cards shall be signed by the Secretary/Treasurer and shall bear the Club seal.
ARTICLE XI: Amendments
1. By-laws may be adopted, amended or repealed by the vote of a majority of the members present at any regular monthly meeting.
These bylaws have been amended at regular meeting with a quorum being present and/or by a two-thirds vote of all members present, notice of such proposed amendments have been made at a regularly scheduled meeting. No amendment or addition to these bylaws can be made which is not in harmony with the club constitution and with the constitution and bylaws of Tuscarora R/C Flying Club.
Bylaws adopted on the 8th day of January, in the year of: 2018
Ed Pollack President
Attested: Kyle Snyder Secretary
Amendment to be added to the Tuscarora R/C Flying Club on October 8, 2018
Member in Good Standing to include and further defined as: “Members must attend 3 (three) monthly meetings in any given calendar year to be eligible to vote in the election of officers.
President: ________________________________ Date: __________________
Secretary: ________________________________Date: ___________________